Join the KOAN Analytics Team
KOAN Analytics has one, clear purpose – Help resource companies understand their data and convert their information into decision-making value. We are the only machine learning, predictive analytics company exclusively focused on delivering tools for resource exploration. Our team in Vancouver is growing, and we’re looking for qualified candidates for the following positions:
Software Engineer (Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics) Do you want to accelerate your career – gaining highly sought after skills and experience in the computer analytics and visualization industry? Koan Analytics offers the opportunity to join an elite group of seasoned professionals – each with 25+ years of experience in software engineering: pioneering, developing, and leading digital visual technology for many trailblazing industries – including AAA Film and Game production. Amongst us, we have collaborated on hundreds of projects – accruing 7 patents in the fields of computer vision and machine learning, as well as 6 academy award nominations for visual effects along the way.
At Koan, you would be working at the forefront of a nascent growth industry. With many years, and deep experience in the intersecting fields of Visual Computing and Data Science/Machine Learning; Koan provides a rich environment in which to learn while developing the tools to render meaning from information; and the visual language to express that meaning with clarity and impact. Our clients are large multinational companies – many with their own Data Science/Machine Learning teams. They call on us to collaborate with their domain experts in the development of bespoke analytic pipelines and visual solutions. We stand out in our innovation, experience and expertise.
If the idea of filling a meaningful role within an effective and experienced team, working on innovative projects excites you, then you just might be the person we’re looking for at Koan Analytics.
Who you are:
You have a passion to innovate at the intersection of visual computing and big data analytics – whether in the front-end GUI; or in the visual presentation and transformation of analyses; or in the innovation of natural, visual tools for guided analytical exploration. You know what it takes (or you seriously want to learn): to transform high dimensional data into an accessible presentation from which Domain Experts can develop meaning and build understanding. You’re someone who loves math and computer science; who reads the literature, and stays current with the tools and developments. You know the challenge of computational complexity, and can leverage cloud resources and GPU opportunities to get the power you need. You love to learn, but more importantly, you love being able to show our expert clients new insights from their own data – using your skills to help industry leaders and experts to learn more about their fields. You learn from failure, and achieve success by learning quickly. You see setbacks as an opportunity to reconsider and reimagine the possible. You find real joy in collaborating within a strong team environment, with other dynamic,
smart and capable people.
What you can do:
- Math: A solid understanding of the mathematics underlying Statistical Analytics/Modeling, Dimensionality Reduction methods, and Machine Learning, particularly visual and linguistic analysis, and including familiarity with a current cross section of platforms and libraries.
- Computational Platform: Familiarity with deployment, management, and optimization of containerized computational models across scalable resources. (AWS, Google, etc.)
- Graphics: Open GL, WebGL, HTML5, Deck.GL and current statistical and
ML visualization tools.
- Bonus: experience working as a UI, Graphics, or Rendering Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Expertise in Object Oriented Design, Database Design, and XML Schema
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
What you’ll do:
- Ongoing surveys of Academic papers and Industry articles to maintain currency with the state of the art of the Math and Computer Science of AI/ML.
- Collaborate within and across teams and tasks – bringing and taking ideas where they are needed.
- Develop pipelines and tools to gather, ingest, transform, analyse, and present findings from large sets of high-dimensional data.
- Understand the business and our users, their requirements, and deliver results.
- Work closely with Domain experts from any field – to become familiar with existing industry workflows, and to identify opportunities for efficiency gains using targeted innovative analyses and visualizations.
- Participate in the development of integrated tools which fit naturally into existing domain-specific workflows.
- Document your work, and spread your enthusiasm through Blogging, Lecturing, and Jamming/Brainstorming.
ABOUT KOAN ANALYTICS
Founded in 2016, Koan Analytics was formed to capitalize on the partners combined expertise in machine learning/artificial intelligence (ml/ai), applied mathematics, computer systems and computer graphics (human/machine interfaces). Koan works with large multinational corporations who require end to end analytic solutions. Our current work is focused on the resource sector and we have developed a platform we call: Resource Aggregation, Analytics, & Visualization (RAAV). RAAV is a bespoke ensemble of tools and equations focused on resource exploration.
Our RAAV platform is focused on a few, yet complex, things:
- aggregating and curating resource related data;
- applying predictive analytics to support expert decision-making;
- providing intuitive graphics tools for the visualization of geospatially exported data; and then,
- exporting this information and insights into existing GIS/modelling platforms, workflows and processes.
What sets Koan Analytics apart from most generic products that claim ml/ai, is that we build bespoke end to end analytic platform solution for our clients.
Upload Your Résumé
To apply you must have the legal right to work in Canada – copies of work permits may be requested for those that are not Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents
KOAN is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. KOAN also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.